Friday, October 18, 2013

"The Kite Runner"

Finally, I get a good book that is very interesting. I so far have read about 21 pages of the book. The book actually had a great introduction that made my eyes glued onto the page. A lot has happened in the book.

The first chapter of the book was quite unique. This chapter talked about a mistake that Amir made as a child. The main thing that intrigued me is that he directly stated," I thought of the life I have lived until the winter of 1975 came along and changed everything. And made who I am today." The main point of this book, as obvious as it seems, is how Amir changes his past. The second chapter and a little bit of the third basically talks about Amir's life as a child. He talks a lot about two main people, who are his father, Baba and his servant's son, Hassan. Amir also talks a little about his dead mother, Hassan's dead mother, and Hassan's father. The rest of the chapter is childhood memories that he relishes. 

I really like this book for a couple of main reasons. First, the book directly goes into the problem and intrigues me, which makes me more engaged in the book. Second, it goes all the way to the beginning of the story and clearly talks about Amir's childhood. And finally, it has not boring times that basically make the reader sleep. Nearly every second of my reading, I was engaged with the book. Overall, I can't wait until I get to the part where Amir makes his great mistake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment