Sunday, October 27, 2013

"The Kite Runner"- Text to Text Connections

 

The Kite Runner is a great book from what I have read. I haven't gotten too far into the book to write another blog about, so I will make some inferences and prove it from the text. I will also elaborate more on the first two chapters of the book.The book leaves me thinking after the first chapter with one question- What did Amir do to ruin the relationship with his childhood friend or friends. In the first chapter of the book, it states, "It was my past of unatoned sins." Basically, he is saying that he made many mistakes in his childhood that he is yet to make up for. He described a phone call with Rahmin Khan as his past of unatoned sins, so I inferred that he has does something wrong in the past. After this, he starts thinking and had some alone time. The story then dives into the childhood of Hassan. In this part of the story, it talks a lot about Amir, Hassan, Baba (Amir's Father), and Ali (Hassan's father). I think that Amir did something wrong to Hassan, because it doesn't really emphasize on anyone else except Hassan.

I also think that Amir will try to make the wrong that he has done in the past right. So I thinks that Amir will make a trip to Pakistan and the story will take place there. Finally, in the third chapter, I think that there will be a fight between Amir and Hassan. I hope this happens, because I don't really like novels that are discussing too much about the past like The Lemon Tree. Then I think that the author will have an entire chapter that Amir talks about this mistake he made to his father. So far, that is all that I think that the story will be about. I really can't think of anything else.

Based on what I have read, I recommend this book to everyone who enjoys reading books about the main character correcting his past. I know many books that relate to The Kite Runner. For example, in Touching Spirit Bear, Cole, the main character, is trying to correct his anger. He caused great physical pain to Peter. So he is granted an alternate for jail- living on an island for a couple of months and resolve the damage done to Peter. Just like in Touching Spirit Bear, Amir has to resolve his past.

No comments:

Post a Comment