Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Heroes of Olympus

 

I was a couple of pages into The Great Gatsby until I totally lost interest in the book. I really didn't get the point of the story. I think that the problem of this story is that the author doesn't intrigue the reader too much. He puts too out too much information and doesn't really make sense to the reader, at least in my opinion. I think that the main problem in the story is the time gap between now and the time that the book was written, 1928. So I will switch to a book that I am more interested in- The Mark of Athena, hopefully, if I find it in the library.

I know that this book is very popular and that I haven't read it, but I really didn't get the chance to. I read The Lost Hero and The Son of Neptune in 7th and 8th grade, respectively. So this year I will finish the third book of the series. I have quite a lot of expectations for this book. (If you have not read the series and are interested in reading it, I advise you not read my post further; I doubt that it will give anything significant away). Anyways, I asked someone that read the book and he told me that this is not the last book of the series. Therefore, my first expectation is not going to happen. My second expectation is that by the end of the book, the Greek and Roman demigods will become friends or allies. My final expectation is that the book has a another great plot that Rick Riordan is very good at doing, based on his older books. I really admire the writing of Rick Riordan, because he develops unique plots that literally make the reader feel like he or she is there. Therefore, my expectations for this book is very high. I have full confidence that the book will exceed my expectations. In fact, I think that it will be the best book that I have read.

The first two books of this series is very cool. The first book, The Lost Hero, is written in the situation of Jason, a Roman demigod. And the second book, The Son of Neptune, is written in the perspective of Percy Jackson, a Greek demigod. The first book is unique, because the first time that I read it, I thought that the book had nothing to do with Greek mythology. I thought that it was a tangent. The main character, Jason, didn't know anything about his past; I felt as lost as him when I read it. Trust me if you keep reading, the book will make a lot more sense. However, I realized, well into the book, that it strongly connects with the Percy Jackson series. The second and third book is the continuation of the big plot in the first book, which you can find out if you read it.





I think that if you loved the Percy Jackson series, then you will love The Heroes of Olympus series even more. I, in fact, recommend this series to anyone who enjoys action/adventure books. Even if you didn't read the Percy Jackson series, I think that you will still be able to follow the book. But reading the first series will definitely help you read this series. Overall, this series is a great series that I think that everyone should read. I know that I haven't really elaborated on the plot of the book, but I the plot is actually a mystery in the book and won't get revealed until later. So why should I reveal it now? If you want to know, the evil force, is more powerful than Kronos. So if you didn't star reading this series, get the book now. If you are reading the series, then keep reading it. If you are done with The Mark of Athena, then please don't tell me anything about the book.











No comments:

Post a Comment