Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Favorite Series- "Percy Jackson Series"


My favorite series of all time would have to be the Percy Jackson Series. I absolutely admire the writing style of Rick Riordan and how he narrates the adventure of Percy Jackson to defeat an evil force. I don't want to ruin the plot of this book, because it can only be told by the author himself. Rick Riordan did an outstanding job on using great imagery throughout the entire series. The series include five books: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last Olympian. I really like all of these books but the best book in the series is the last one- The Last Olympian. The reason I like the last book the best is because half the book is action and is the ending of the series. I recommend this series to those who enjoy action. The book contains a lot of mythology, but it will be easy to understand, because Rick Riordan did and outstanding job explaining it. I was so intrigued by the series that I read one of the book in just one night.

The series is basically about this one troublesome boy being a son of a powerful Greek god and goes on quest to save the world. I don't want to give too much information, otherwise it would ruin the series for you. More information of the first book will be in the video on this post. Hopefully, the insight of the first book will interest you in the series. Overall, I recommend this series to anyone really, but if you despise action/adventure, then you might not want to read it. I really think that it will be a great book for anyone who likes or does not like reading. So go to the library and get the book now. Or if you have an e Reader, then go get it now.  


Click for more information of the Percy Jackson Series

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you saying that this series is a really good series, because I really liked the books too. Also I agree that Rick Riordan uses a lot of imagery in his novels like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the series, but I didn't think it was the imagery that did it. I thought it was good plot twists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really was a good post, and the Percy Jackson series is great too. I agree that Rick Rubin uses a lot of imagery which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the series too, and thought it was great. I think it was the imagery and suspense that made the series so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the series is very well written and the suspense kept me on the edge of my seat!

    ReplyDelete