Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog Post Reflection


The quality of my writing has improved over the course of the trimester a lot. It can be seen in the aspect of the succinct sentences that describe the literary elements in more depth. The brevity of the sentences can be seen by the fact that I use more words and elaborate more of the complexity of the character, Hope, whereas in the second one, there is more than just one thing that I talk about. For example, I start talking about the effectiveness of the introduction, and then I make some inferences in just one paragraph. In the rest of that post, I talk about the difference in the introduction between The Kite Runner and The Lemon Tree and a connection between the book and another book, Touching Spirit Bear. Another reason that my writing skills is that I have increased the level of variation of the sentences. In the first post, there were many subordinate conjunctions. This similar sentence formation/ syntax made the post seem more monotone and insipid. But in the second post, the variation of the sentence made the post more interesting.  Also, the grammatical errors have decreased but not too significantly. The first blog post had some errors, but there weren’t too significant. In the final post, the errors were very limited to no errors at all. Therefore, based on these pieces of evidence, my writing skills have augmented throughout the course of the trimester.

                The main struggle that I had with this project was actually putting the thoughts of my book onto the post and meeting the requirements of the blog. I had to write about it in immense detail and write above and beyond, because I didn’t know how detailed I had to write it to fulfill the requirements. That was the only way to overcome this struggle. The way I tackled the other struggle was by writing all my thoughts on the book that I had that time. This helped me decide which thoughts were important and which are not important. The strength in my blogging is that I was very deep in the meaning towards the end and the blogs contained the important information that was each time I wrote about. I did not reach my reading goal, because I had a hard time finding the right book. I had many books in my mind that I really wanted to read, but unfortunately, I couldn’t get a hold of any of them. But through the reading of other blogs, I found some book that I am reading now. I used goodreads.com as a reference to good book just like the blogs. My reading skills improved with the increased level of analysis of each book. My analyzing is more in depth or in a more deeper meaning, because in that first post, the analysis wasn’t too sophisticated and was more an easy observation of the character’s behavior and feelings. In the second post, the analysis of the sentence, "It was my past of unatoned sins”, was more sophisticated than the first. There was a greater need of comprehension than the first one. Therefore, my reading skills have enhanced throughout the course of this trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment